Sunday, June 27, 2010

WALLY LAMB


The Hour I First Believed
by Wally Lamb


Wally Lamb is absolutely amazing. Lately, reading good books have been quite important in surviving the stress of our economy. I rather find it calming to escape into another world. Wally Lamb is a captivating, deeply thoughtful and a marvelous writer.


This story is of a man's life married to a school nurse who was caught up in the fire storm of Columbine High School and a convoluted family history mixed in with his own failures. A very thought provoking, sensitive and intriguing life story. I was feeling better about my situations compared to this poor guys life. I had to keep reminding myself that it is just a story, but I did feel better because of the way this man processed his circumstances and kept going forward. He was a real type of a man, portrayed with pain, mistakes, warmth and depth of heart. All the books other characters were equally as interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment