Friday, September 3, 2010

VALLEY OF BONES

Valley of Bones
by Michael Gruber

Way too elementary in story plot. So simple in dialog between a woman and man, it seemed silly. The story was too contrived that it did not seem realistic, it was boring. It was certainly not a provocative mystery. I cannot believe I made it through this book.

The plot was, I cannot remember, oh yes, this strange woman was found with a dead person and it went on about how amazing this woman's life was. First she was abused by her step father, used everyday of her life with him, then she became a prostitute, then a nun after she survived being shot in the back by the feds, then she went to Africa where she was a leader of an army and therefore a war hero. Then she was used to plot the death of this dead criminal all along having visions. Bull sh-t, I don't know how people can believe this or rather be intrigued in reading such dilemmas. Not an Oprah pick for sure. I used to send inspirational books to the woman's prison, do you think I would send this? - No.

No comments:

Post a Comment