Monday, November 8, 2010

EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM - GONE!

Every Last One
by Anna Quindlen

What wonderful and sensitive writing this author reigns of. It is a tragic story, as all Quindlan's are, written with profound sensitivity, clarity and caring. It is of the mother as the protagonist, her family, a good husband, the complex dimensions of the family and then loss of most all of them. This was a meditation of loss, feelings, and attempts to move on. I was so drawn in to the depth of this book I was depressed while reading it. It is strange to me, that many books I read feel so shallow with just a cursory story. Then this author so obviously can manage to provoke the depth of me the reader's soul. I think it is the authors honesty with the characters feelings. Although sad, the book was a fine escape from my own reality, a lost in the space of words to go and languish within.

No comments:

Post a Comment