Friday, June 24, 2011

HOUSE RULES


House Rules
by Jodi Picoult


Very long book but I was emerged the entire time. It was a mixture of a crime mystery, a family with interesting family dynamics with a autistic son, and was educational regarding autism.

This book was the best that I have read of hers. A couple I hated because I did not like the idiocy of the character that did not seem realistic. These characters were all more believable and were much like any other authentic typical family. I did not like the obsession of the mother, she I believe got carried away with her righteousness in regards to how the child should be raised. I think she contributed to her son being 'handicapped.' The other characters were great, especially the autistic son charged with murder and everyone's inability to even by directly questioning the kid without making a bunch of assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment