Sunday, April 25, 2010

CARRIE FISHER'S OWN WORDS


Wishful Drinking
by Carrie Fisher


I listened to this book on audio c.d. read by the author; Carrie herself. At first it was abrasive to my ears I almost threw it away. I guess I must have been in a bad mood. Besides, she is a very close friend of my dermatologist; Arnold W. Klein, whom I have had a crush on for decades. She is famous and I am not, so I did not like her. When I finally was at a lost of what to read next I started listening to her words again on my iPhone. It was a delight. She is honest, authentic, funny and revealing. It is a book of her life - up until now, and I loved her for it. Her observation of the Hollywood scene was accurate. Her marriages and relationships stories were for real and enlightening, I had to think about my own experiences and accountability upon reading her revelations in my mind of my own circumstances.

I am really sorry that she had to go through so many 'doctors' for drugs and elector- shock. Since her best friend is Arnie, my experience with him is that he advocated a more holistic medical treatment without so many drugs. I was surprised of her use of the drugs. But that is Hollywood and that is privilege, fortunately and unfortunately. Her brain damage from the drugs then to the elector shock I think ruined her lovely brain chemistry for sure. I wish she had gone Dr. Daoshing Ni for her anxiety, addiction and the brain chemistry damage from the drug use. Bummer, I wish I can know her too. She is a dear heart. At least I would love to do her closet!


No comments:

Post a Comment