Sunday, April 25, 2010

SOCIAL IRRESPONSIBILITY in BEING JEWISH

I met some client's here in Napa, that told me that they were Social Jews. It took me awhile to figure that one out. But it seems that they belong to their Jewish organization just for social reasons. Perhaps since they cannot get along with other organization. Maybe another organization such as the Kiwanis would be a better place for them. But I thought the Kiwanis' got together socially to work on projects to contribute to our community. No, I guess the Kiwanis would not be good for them either. If they join the Kiwanis they may have to contribute something. Wow, what is this community getting to if we cannot have contributing citizens. We used to be farmers here in Napa Valley, helping each other, now we are the so called socialites. What does that word mean anyway; socialites, it is pretty irrelevant to me. I don't think I want to be part of that group.

Anyway, these clients broke their word, unlike the old hand shake agreement and they actually B.S.ed me instead of allowing me serve them. They had all my 400 references, my best designs, an enormous amount of my talent and time and then the lied and said that they did not want to work with me because I did not want to do any work for them. Like, out of left field this came. It hardly made any sense. If I come out to someones home and take the time to design for them, doesn't that seem obvious that I am interested. These people had something mysteriously going on and could not be forthright and honest. They are my neighbors, but they don't care who they step on. Some people here forget that this is a small community and word gets around as to who scams and who doesn't. But that's some city people that end up moving here. Basically, they cut off their nose to spite their face. Like nose jobs. No wonder I hate nose jobs for what that old saying means. Why are we not happy with G-d's creations on our face as well as the talent and gifts of G-d's people and their neighbors?

No comments:

Post a Comment