Friday, August 13, 2010

STIEG LARRSON


The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest
by Stieg Larrson

A hard time getting into it. Larrson is great in recapping the last two books and their characters, but then adding more Swedish names and story line kept getting me lost. I missed the protagonist, she has been silent recovering in a hospital bed.

Finally , the main protagonist enters the picture after the first quarter of the book with her super duper abilities on the computer. She is such a grand role model women. The first independent and strong woman I have ever read in a detective suspense book either written by a man or a woman. I do not know how American women writers can still make their character women so dippy.

Over half of the book read and I was still bored and missing the main female protagonist. Too many male political espionage. The same with the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment